Friday, November 20, 2009

One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest...

With only two readers responding, it hardly seems worth the trouble anymore. The doctor today diagnosed me with the H1N1 flu. And he also said I have asthma. Pretty bad, too. Hmmm. Where have I heard that before? Medical science never ceases to amaze me. Dubby got me a new cell phone today: a Palm Treo. Used, but new to me. The keyboard is about a third the size of the V-thing she got me last month which had, I thought at the time, the tiniest keyboard imaginable. But I'm more familiar with the Palm operating system so I figured I woudl prefer it. Or at least I thought I would -- before I turned the new thing on. They've gone and done changed everything! Why do these designers take a good thing and screw it up? While I'm on that subject... Dubby got me some malted milk balls, one kind of candy I really really love. Being a Halloween-type item, they come 2-3 balls in a little snacky pack, sealed in plastic. If you don't have a pair of scissors handy, the plastic might as well be steel-coated kevlar... the packs are absolutely impossible to open with your bare hands. There's no perforation to tear, no indicator "open here", no "pull tab to open", no dotted line to indicate a designed-in weakness for the opening -- no nothing. The balls are sealed inside safer than Tutankomen was sealed in his pyramid. And unless I go to the kitchen drawer and use some kind of miracle to find the scissors, those balls will remain sealed inside the plastic just as long as Tut was in his tomb. Why don't the packaging designers realize that at some point in time, someone MIGHT want to get the product OUT of the package? I'm surrounded by idiots.

2 comments:

Obliviocelot said...

The trick is to be smarter than the candy wrapper. ;)

Mike & Nixsa said...

Ah, my second best laugh of the day (the first was yours too). Even trying to open with teeth sometimes fails and almost causes a visit to the dentist.