Saturday, February 20, 2010
Pancakes... Popcorn...and Creme Soda!
SOMEbody loves me and got me a carton of IBC Creme Soda.
I've been on something of a "health" kick for about 9 or 10 weeks now, eating smaller portions, cutting out fats and sweets, eating whole grains, taking natural vitamins and minerals, and getting lots of aerobic exercise to get my heart racing.
So far I've gained almost 10 pounds, put on almost three inches around my waist, and my blood pressure is the highest it's ever been.
I can't say that I've actually been on a starvation diet or anything, but I've been trying to eat a lot healthier than I used to. Today, however, I decided to throw in the towel for a bit, and I had pancakes for breakfast.
I had to chip ice with my Mississippi toothpick today. The snow on the roof of the garage melted into ice, then fell off the roof in front of the doors and melted into a single solid 28-inch-thick ice berm, so I had to use the heavy 20-pound steel pick pole to chip it away.
After chipping my way into the garage, I then wrestled the "new" used steel filing cabinet Dubby brought home a few weeks ago, out of the garage, across the snow (there's still about 14 inchecs of ice/snow combination on the ground) into the house.
So I was very pleased when I came inside and discovered that there was an ice-cold IBC creme soda waiting for me in the fridge! To celebrate, I made a bowl of popcorn, (although I put only half a stick of butter on it).
As for the healthy fare, well, Dubby made some great ground beef and onion dish for dinner, with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and zuchini and a baked potato. Yum.
It will be interesting to see whether I lose some weight by going back to popcorn, butter, creme soda, and pancakes today.
I'm getting tired of oatmeal, whole grain bread and brown rice, small portions, and tuna sandwiches. And no, I'm not interested in entertaining any other suggestions -- no matter what any study says is good for you, there are a dozen other studies contradicting it, so I'm just gonna play around a bit until I find a food regimen that does what I want it to.
We ate out last night for the first time in several weeks... I only ate 2/3rds of my dinner (letting Dubby put the other third in the take-away box). We rented the move "Up" tonight, and watched it together. Nice, but not one of the Pixar/Disney's better ones.
1 comment:
Hmmm. No comment.
Post a Comment