The following pictures give a sampling of the birds at the feeder outside the front dining room window during a 90-minute period yesterday, and during a 30 minute period this morning.
Rules: DON'T try to look up the bird on google or in a bird book. How many of these bird do you actually KNOW. Post a comment giving the bird numbers and the corresponding names of those you know.
Bird Number 1: The two birds right in front...
Bird Number 3: (should be easy)
Bird Number 4: (should also be easy)











3 comments:
I'm not great with birds, but I'll venture some guesses.
1, no idea.
2, starling?
3, robin
4, female cardinal
5, dove?
6, sparrow?
7 and 8, not sure
9, chickadee?
10, no idea... a shiny blackbird?
Kudos to the only one who responded! And who got 50%, which is better than expected.
1. Male House Finch
2. Female House Finch (notice the identical pose/silhouette of birds 1 and 2)
3. Robin
4. Female cardinal
5. Mourning dove
6. Common house sparrow
7. No idea... anybody know?
8. Tufted Titmouse
9. Chickadee
10. Brewer's Blackbird
Anybody have any idea who number 7 is?
Number 7 looks like a slate colored junco. They are usually around in the winter. I was reading about your problems with the DMV, and got sucked in by birds. I thought number 10 was a grackle because I can't really see its eyes. I love the iridescent heads of grackles. I'll have to look up Brewer's Blackbird so I can learn something new. -Allison
Post a Comment